Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Garden

A few months ago, I planted some sunflowers in a small planter outside our studio apartment. In just a few weeks we had green sprouts everywhere. Now those green sprouts have blossomed into gorgeous yellow sunflowers. 



Last week, we were given permission from the wonderful couple we rent from, to plant a garden. We were so excited we got started as soon as we could.

When we started the ground was hard as rock. Eventually we were able to plant. We now have a bell pepper plant, cucumber, zucchini, two tomato plants and corn. I also transplanted my Irises from there pots into the back corner.

We are so proud of our beautiful garden and enjoyed the time we spent together to create it.

5 comments:

Julie said...

YAY!!! You did it!! (the post and the garden!) Good work...now, keep them coming!

jackie said...

Congrats on the garden and the blog. Both are so fun, but I can't maintain either! Good luck, I'll be watching you!

Mom & Dad Primm said...

Love your garden! It is really a wonderful feeling (and taste!!) to grow some veggies. Hope that you are much better at the blogging thing than I am.....very low frustration threshold...
xoxo
love
Grandma P

byers babes said...

You guys are so cute. I love seeing the pics and how you guys are having fun together. I'm proud of your garden. Wow! Keep the pics coming. Love the blog.

Happy Heavin said...

Hey look!! It looks good!! lol I love it when we go there and your garden starts out barely there...like there is always a huge difference every time we come!! LOL...looks good my friend!

My Music Picks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones